½ lb raw small pink shrimp
½ lb raw small sea scallops
1 anaheim pepper, diced finely
8-10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 limes, juiced
1 T avocado oil
Pinch cumin powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse shrimp and scallops and drain thoroughly
2. Cut scallops into quarters or bite sized pieces
3. Boil water in a 3 quart pot. Remove from heat. Using a metal strainer, dip shrimp and scallops into hot water just until they turn opaque, then pull them out of the water and rinse under cold water or place them in an ice bath immediately.
4. In a bowl combine all ingredients.
5. Serve with fresh cut lime wedges, or sturdy tortilla chips, such as Sweet Chili Dorados. May also be served on a bed of greens as a main course salad.
Yield: 2 Dinner servings or large party appetizer.